- 17 million US travelers consider ECO factors when selecting hotels (2002)
- 70% willing to pay $75 more per week
- Strengthens brand loyalty & value
- National PR, Online, word of mouth
- Reduced operating cost
- Environmental impact reduction
U.S. buildings consumption
- 36% of total energy use and 65% of electricity consumption.
- Restaurants use 33% of all retail energy use, #1 in retail
- 30% of greenhouse gas emissions
- 30% of raw materials use
- 30% of waste output
- 12% of potable water consumption
Electric use in U.S.
- One quarter of the United States annual electric bill, $34 billion, comes from lighting.
- More than 20% of the electricity generated in the U.S. is used for lighting alone.
- Approximately half of this energy is wasted lighting empty rooms or as heat produced by inefficient bulbs and lighting fixtures.
- By using energy efficient lighting you can save up to 70% on your monthly electric bill.
Energy conservation through lighting
- Simplest and least costly way to reduce energy use
- Has the largest impact on energy & cost reduction